FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
How do I protect my mailbox?
- Reduced visibility and slippery conditions make it difficult for operators to see objects in time to avoid striking them.
- Help reduce the possibility of broken or damaged property including mailbox posts with the following suggestions:
- Owners are encouraged to put mailboxes at the furthest distance back from the paved surface, within the Postal Service guidelines.
- Reflectors are useful and should be mounted to be visible from all approaches.
- Check mailbox posts periodically for deterioration or rot to reduce the possibility of their being broken off simply by the weight of the plowed snow.