FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions
Who/What is allowed in the Courtroom?
- In most cases, only the Defendant is allowed in the courtroom. The exception to this rule is a parent/guardian for a Juvenile, or a reasonable accommodation for someone with a disability, i.e. interpreter or case worker. We do not allow congregating in the lobby area of City Hall.
- Children under age 14 are not allowed in the courtroom. Make childcare arrangements before your court date!
- No hats are to be worn.
- Cellphones must be turned off.
- No food or beverages are allowed.
- No weapons of any kind are allowed in the building.
- You must pass through security before entering the courtroom.
- You must remain professional and courteous throughout Court proceedings, or you may be held in Contempt of Court.