FAQs: Frequently Asked Questions

What can I do about my noisy neighbors?

While the noise is occurring, call the non-emergency number 701-456-7759. If officers can hear the noise/music upon arrival, they can take enforcement action. Usually, the tenant-in-violation is given a written warning for the first offense and a court summons (B-Misdemeanor criminal offense) for subsequent offenses. If you live in rental property and the noise is an ongoing problem, you may consider contacting your landlord and informing him/her of the situation.