The Department of Engineering, under the direction of the City Engineer, is responsible for the City’s traffic control, GIS, CADD, contract documentation, contract administration, inspection of all City road and drainage improvements and other special projects. Projects are monitored for conformity with State and Federal regulations and professional engineering and surveying practices as set forth in the North Dakota Statutes. Improvement projects include those funded by State and Federal agencies.
Other services of the department include City infrastructure mapping, survey services to other City departments, liaison with local, state and federal agencies to coordinate, monitor and administer their projects within the City limits. Review and approval of private development projects, including subdivisions and parking lots, for surface water management and water quality compliance with City, State and Federal regulations. The department approves and issues concrete, excavation, driveway, and stormwater permits. The permits are for improvements or use of the City’s right-of-ways or other City properties. Engineering also reviews and recommends updates of City ordinances for compliance with new State and Federal regulations.
Manager: City Engineer
- 8th Street South.pdf
- Dickinson ND Designated Truck Route August 14.pdf
- ENGINEERING CHECKLIST.pdf
- Engineering Hours and Procedures.pdf
- Engineering Permit Summary.pdf
- Flood Safety Brochure.pdf
- Standard Details.zip
- Standard Specs.zip
- State Avenue Recommended Options - Combined.pdf
- SWP - Code Excerpts and Guide Info.pdf
- Winter Shutdown (Reopen).pdf
- Winter Shutdown in City Right of Way.pdf