Date Posted: February 5th, 2018 08:00 AM
Deadline: February 20th, 2018 05:00 PM
Department: Police Department
Compensation: $24.80 – $26.67 per hour DOE (includes Skill-Based Pay), also Shift Differential
Hours: Rotating Shifts (24 Hour Operation)
To apply, please submit the required City application and Pre-Interview Questionnaire, which can be found above, at Job Service, or at City Hall. Resumes are strongly encouraged. Veterans claiming preference must submit Form DD214 with the application. The deadline to apply is the close of business on Tuesday, February 20th, 2018. Late applications will not be accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information contact Amy at 701-456-7033, or email email@example.com.
$2.50/hour Skill-Based Pay, plus Shift Differential!
- To provide a safe living environment to the citizens of Dickinson, North Dakota by patrolling the streets and public properties, and enforcing state law and City ordinances.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Responding to emergency and non-emergency calls for service;
- Patrolling the City streets;
- Conducting police investigations;
- Performing public relations work to improve police-community relations.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Licensed North Dakota Law Enforcement Officer – within one year of hire
- Pre-employment drug screen, background check, reference checks, and polygraph are required
Desirable Training and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associate’s Degree in Criminal Justice, Police Science, Psychology or related field preferred.
EMPLOYER PAID BENEFITS
- Vacation – 8 hours per month accrual for years 1-5.
- Sick Leave – 8 hours per month accrual.
- Personal Leave – Employees are permitted to use up to 16 hours of sick leave per year for personal leave.
- Longevity Pay – Sliding scale based on tenure with City (After 5 years of Service), paid annually.
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Bereavement Leave
- Holidays – 10 holidays plus one day for birthday.
- Employee Assistance Program
EMPLOYER/EMPLOYEE SHARED COST BENEFITS
- Health Insurance – NDPERS (SHP) – Employer pays 80% of premium
- Flexible Benefits – Medical Spending Account – The City puts $450 into a Medical Spending Account for full-time employees
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plan – Employee contributes 5%; Employer matches 5%
- Life Insurance – Employer pays 50% of premium. Supplemental life insurance option
- Flexible Benefits – Medical Spending Account – pre-tax (2018 max – $2,650) – Daycare Expenses – pre-tax (2018 max – $5,000)
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Aflac Insurance
- West River Community Center Membership – 50% Discount off Annual Membership
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan – Pre-Tax or Roth option
Civil Service Status upon successful completion of the probationary period.