Date Posted: January 10th, 2018 08:00 AM
Deadline: January 25th, 2018 05:00 PM
Department: Information Technology Department
Compensation: $24.60 – $27.02 per hour DOE
Hours: 40 per week
To apply, please submit the required City application and Pre-Interview Questionnaire, which can be found by clicking on the links above, at Job Service, or at City Hall. Resume and official transcripts are also required. Veterans claiming preference must submit Form DD214 with the application. The deadline to apply is the close of business on Thursday, January 25th, 2018. Late applications will not be accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information contact Shelly at 701-456-7801, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position provides support to the Information Technology Department in accordance with established policies and procedures by performing routine hardware/software maintenance and installation requiring a high degree of efficiency, as well as advanced troubleshooting of issues across various departments. Configures, installs, and provides advanced troubleshooting for workstations, network devices, and servers as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot and solve technical issues related to workstations, servers, network devices, cellular devices, as well as, a variety of other computer related hardware and software.
- Perform regular maintenance and performance reviews on computer workstations involved in the City’s day to day operations to ensure the machines stay in working order.
- Regularly review workstation performance issues and make recommendations for improvements to supervisors.
- Setup new computer workstations, migrate user data, and assist staff in adjusting to new operating systems and software as they are implemented.
- Tasks are multiple and diverse with some interrelationship across processes.
- Work requires the direct application of a variety of procedures, policies, and/or precedents.
- Communicate departmental needs to supervisor in order to improve the efficiency of the City of Dickinson’s day to day tasks.
- Work Individually and as a Team Member on various projects on a regular basis
- Assist supervisor in writing/designing interfaces/augmentations to current city software.
- Regularly write patches/upgrades in a variety of programming languages including but not limited to VB.Net, C++, C#, and Java
- Understand/Write HTML code proficiently without the assistance from developer tools
- Knowledge of current and past Windows Operating Systems (Windows 7 and Newer) as well as Server Operating Systems (Windows Server 2012 and Newer)
- Knowledge of various software packages including but not limited to Microsoft Office Versions 2013-Newer, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Visual Studio, SQL
- Understand/Write software code in VB, (C++ or C#), and basic html
- Be able to Read/Understand and Develop new Code to interface/augment current City software.
- Maintain software modularity in code and understand the basic benefits of this practice
- Advanced hardware and software troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of modern computer software, hardware, and networking equipment
- Knowledge of VLANs, how they operate, and how they are beneficial
- Valid Driver’s License
- Pre-employment drug screen, background check, and reference checks are required
Desirable Training and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Three to five years of experience in Information Technology or the equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
EMPLOYER PAID BENEFITS
- Vacation – 8 hours per month accrual for years 1-5
- Sick Leave – 8 hours per month accrual
- Personal Leave – Employees are permitted to use up to 16 hours of sick leave per year for personal leave
- Longevity Pay – Sliding scale based on tenure with City (After 5 years of Service), paid annually
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Bereavement Leave
- Holidays – 10 holidays plus one day for birthday
- Employee Assistance Program
EMPLOYER/EMPLOYEE SHARED COST BENEFITS
- Health Insurance – NDPERS (SHP) – Employer pays 80% of premium
- Flexible Benefits – Medical Spending Account – The City puts $450 into a Medical Spending Account for full-time employees
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plan – Employee contributes 5%; Employer matches 5%
- Life Insurance – Employer pays 50% of premium. Supplemental life insurance option
- Flexible Benefits – Medical Spending Account – pre-tax (2018 max – $2,650) – Daycare Expenses – pre-tax (2018 max – $5,000)
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Aflac Insurance
- West River Community Center Membership – 50% Discount off Annual Membership
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan – Pre-Tax or Roth option
Civil Service Status upon successful completion of the probationary period.