Open Date: November 30th, 2017 08:00 AM
Deadline to Apply: December 14th, 2017 05:00 PM
Department: Solid Waste Department
Compensation: $20.17 – $21.67 per hour DOE (includes skill-based pay for Class B CDL)
Hours: 40 per week
To apply, please submit the required City application and Pre-Interview Questionnaire, which can be found by clicking on the links above, at Job Service, or at City Hall. Resumes are strongly encouraged. Veterans claiming preference must submit Form DD214 with the application. The deadline to apply is the close of business on Thursday, December 14th, 2017. Late applications will not be accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information contact Amy at 701-456-7033, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Wage includes $2.50/hour Skill Based Pay once ND Class B CDL (with Airbrakes) is obtained. Required within 6 months of hire.*
Responsible for inspecting and performing semi-skilled and skilled operations, maintenance, and repair activities in and on public works facilities and equipment in solid waste disposal and recycling systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties may include (but are not limited to):
- Operates and maintains heavy equipment, machinery and specialized equipment used in solid waste disposal and recycling.
- Monitors the collection, disposal and recycling of materials at the solid waste transfer facility and landfill.
- Performs routine and preventive maintenance of sanitation facilities, vehicles and equipment. Assist with major equipment maintenance and repair as assigned.
- Valid Driver’s License
- North Dakota Class B Commercial Driver’s License (obtain within 6 months of hire)
- ND State Landfill Operator Certification – (obtain within 2 years of hire)
Desirable Training and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED, and two years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
EMPLOYER PAID BENEFITS
- Vacation – 8 hours per month accrual for years 1-5.
- Sick Leave – 8 hours per month accrual.
- Personal Leave – Employees are permitted to use up to 16 hours of sick leave per year for personal leave.
- Longevity Pay – Sliding scale based on tenure with City (After 5 years of Service), paid annually.
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Bereavement Leave
- Holidays – 10 holidays plus one day for birthday.
- Employee Assistance Program
EMPLOYER/EMPLOYEE SHARED COST BENEFITS
- Health Insurance – NDPERS (SHP) – Employer pays 80% of premium
- Flexible Benefits – Medical Spending Account – The City puts $450 into a
- Medical Spending Account for full-time employees
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plan – Employee 5%; Employer matches 5%.
- Life Insurance – Employer pays 50% of premium. Supplemental life insurance option.
- Flexible Benefits – Medical Spending Account – pre-tax (2018 max – $2,650) – Daycare Expenses – pre-tax (2018 max – $5,000)
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Aflac Insurance
- West River Community Center Membership – 50% Discount off Annual Membership
- 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan – Pre-Tax or Roth option
Civil Service Status upon successful completion of the probationary period.