Open Date: October 11th, 2017 08:00 AM
Deadline to Apply: October 25th, 2017 05:00 PM
Department: Solid Waste Department
Compensation: $20.17 – $21.67 per hour DOE (includes skill-based pay for Class B CDL)
Hours: 40 per week
To apply, please submit the required City application and Pre-Interview Questionnaire, which can be found by clicking on the links above, at Job Service, or at City Hall. Resumes are strongly encouraged. Veterans claiming preference must submit Form DD214 with the application. The deadline to apply is the close of business on Wednesday, October 25th, 2017. Late applications will not be accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information contact Amy at 701-456-7033, or email email@example.com.
*Wage includes $2.50/hour Skill Based Pay once ND Class B CDL (with Airbrakes) is obtained. Required within 6 months of hire.*
Responsible for inspecting and performing semi-skilled and skilled operations, maintenance, and repair activities in and on public works facilities and equipment in solid waste disposal and recycling systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties may include (but are not limited to):
- Operates and maintains heavy equipment, machinery and specialized equipment used in solid waste disposal and recycling.
- Monitors the collection, disposal and recycling of materials at the solid waste transfer facility and landfill.
- Performs routine and preventive maintenance of sanitation facilities, vehicles and equipment. Assist with major equipment maintenance and repair as assigned.
- Valid Driver’s License
- North Dakota Class B Commercial Driver’s License (obtain within 6 months of hire)
- ND State Landfill Operator Certification – (obtain within 2 years of hire)
Desirable Training and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED, and two years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- EMPLOYER PAID BENEFITS
- Vacation – 8 hours per month accrual for years 1-5. Sick Leave – 8 hours per month accrual.
- Employees are permitted to use up to 16 hours of sick leave accrual per year for personal leave.
- Longevity Pay – Sliding scale based on tenure with City (After 5 years of Service). Paid annually.
- West River Community Center Membership – City pays a portion of annual membership (other discounts apply).
- Holidays – 10 holidays plus one day for birthday.
- Employee Assistance Program
- EMPLOYER/EMPLOYEE SHARED COST BENEFITS
- Health Insurance – NDPERS (SHP) – Employer pays 80% of premium
- Flexible Benefits – Medical Spending Account – The City puts $450 into a Medical Spending Account for full-time employees
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plan – Employee 5%; Employer matches 5%.
- Life Insurance – Employer pays 50% of premium. Supplemental life insurance option.
- OPTIONAL BENEFITS
- Flexible Benefits – Medical Spending Account – pre-tax (2017 max – $2,600) – Daycare Expenses – pre-tax (2017 max – $5,000)
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Aflac Insurance
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan – Pre-Tax or Roth Option
- Civil Service Status upon successful completion of the probationary period.