Date Posted: July 13th, 2017 08:00 AM
Deadline: July 31st, 2017 05:00 PM
Department: Police Department
Compensation: $19.07 – $20.57/hour DOE plus shift differential (Wage includes $1.40 per hour Skill-Based Pay)
Hours: Rotating Shifts (24 Hour Operation)
To apply, please submit a City application and Pre-Interview Questionnaire, which can be found by clicking on the links above, at Job Service, or at City Hall. Resumes are strongly encouraged. Veterans claiming preference must submit Form DD214 with the application. The deadline to apply is the close of business on Monday, July 31st, 2017. Late applications will not be accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information contact Amy at 701-456-7033, or email HR@dickinsongov.com.
Responsible for receiving and transmitting emergency and other information from and to the public and public service agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates a variety of communications equipment required for the effective operation of the communications center to receive and assign emergency and non-emergency calls with the responsibility for determining the priority of calls received and deciding the proper unit or agency to which a call is assigned.
- Monitors alarms, closed circuit televisions, and controls building entrances for security purposes.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties and maintains communications logs.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level as required.
- Must be proficient in alphanumeric and data entry.
- MUST BE ABLE TO WORK ROTATING SHIFTS
- Valid Driver’s License
- Pre-employment Drug Screen, Reference Checks, & Background Check required
- Pre-employment Hearing Screening and Biannual hearing tests required. Hearing must meet industry standard hearing and testing guidelines.
Desirable Training and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Between one to three years of related experience and a working knowledge of standard practices and procedures, or the equivalent combination of education and experience required to successfully perform the essential duties of the position.
- EMPLOYER PAID BENEFITS
- Vacation – 8 hours per month accrual for years 1-5. Sick Leave – 8 hours per month accrual.
- Employees are permitted to use up to 16 hours of sick leave accrual per year for personal leave.
- Longevity Pay – Sliding scale based on tenure with City (After 5 years of Service). Paid annually.
- West River Community Center Membership – City pays a portion of annual membership (other discounts apply).
- Holidays – 10 holidays plus one day for birthday.
- Employee Assistance Program
- EMPLOYER/EMPLOYEE SHARED COST BENEFITS
- Health Insurance – NDPERS (SHP) – Employer pays 80% of premium
- Flexible Benefits – Medical Spending Account – The City puts $450 into a Medical Spending Account for full-time employees
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plan – Employee 5%; Employer matches 5%.
- Life Insurance – Employer pays 50% of premium. Supplemental life insurance option.
- OPTIONAL BENEFITS
- Flexible Benefits – Medical Spending Account – pre-tax (2017 max – $2,600) – Daycare Expenses – pre-tax (2017 max – $5,000)
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- AFLAC Insurance
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan – Pre-Tax or Roth option
- Civil Service Status upon successful completion of the probationary period.