Date Posted: June 13th, 2017 08:00 AM
Deadline: June 27th, 2017 05:00 PM
Department: Engineering Department
Compensation: $20.32 – $22.17 per hour DOE
Hours: 40 per week
To apply, please submit the required City application and Pre-Interview Questionnaire, which can be found by clicking on the links above, at Job Service, or at City Hall. Resumes are strongly encouraged. Veterans claiming preference must submit Form DD214 with the application. The deadline to apply is the close of business on Tuesday, June 27th, 2017. Late applications will not be accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information contact Amy at 701-456-7033, or email email@example.com.
The Senior Engineering Technician serves in a lead position over Engineering Technicians, Engineering construction inspections contract monitoring, and contract administration functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assumes lead person responsibilities in directing infrastructure project inspection and underground line locating staff.
- Conducts municipal infrastructure systems condition surveys and reports problem areas and recommends priorities.
- Inspects and monitors a wide variety of infrastructure maintenance, rehabilitation and new construction projects to ensure that all projects are performed according to City specifications and requirements. Assists in planning and implementing public works projects. Provides necessary information for programming and planning construction or maintenance. Makes and/or recommends revised or alternate designs to eliminate or reduce engineering problem areas without sacrifice of standards, economy, or esthetics. Makes preliminary designs and layouts of public works of moderate complexity.
- Administers ND One Call location system and coordinates location requests with public utility companies and completes water, sewer and storm sewer location requests.
- Basic principles and components of infrastructure system design;
- Responds to citizen complaints regarding infrastructure construction and conditions and make recommendations, and implements necessary corrections and improvements. Oversee property requests for water and sewer connections and monitors work quality for compliance with City Standards.
- Basic operation of AutoCAD software.
- Operational procedures, methods, equipment, and tools pertaining to utility and roadway infrastructure maintenance, rehabilitation and construction work.
- Basic surveying methods, equipment and techniques
- Basic techniques and methods of civil engineering required to perform testing, inspection, and analytical assignments.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Pre-employment drug screen, background check, and reference checks are required
Desirable Training and Experience
- Successful completion of a full 2-year course of study leading to a technology degree that included at least 12 semester hours in any combination of courses such as engineering or industrial technology, construction, physics, drafting, surveying, physical science, or mathematics;
- At least three years experience in Construction Contract Administration, monitoring and inspections or Municipal Construction Operations as an Engineering Technician; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- EMPLOYER PAID BENEFITS
- Vacation – 8 hours per month accrual for years 1-5. Sick Leave – 8 hours per month accrual.
- Employees are permitted to use up to 16 hours of sick leave accrual per year for personal leave.
- Longevity Pay – Sliding scale based on tenure with City (After 5 years of Service). Paid annually.
- West River Community Center Membership – City pays a portion of annual membership (other discounts apply).
- Holidays – 10 holidays plus one day for birthday.
- Employee Assistance Program
- EMPLOYER/EMPLOYEE SHARED COST BENEFITS
- Health Insurance – NDPERS (SHP) – Employer pays 80% of premium
- Flexible Benefits – Medical Spending Account – The City puts $450 into a Medical Spending Account for full-time employees Defined Contribution Retirement Plan – Employee 5%; Employer matches 5%.
- Life Insurance – Employer pays 50% of premium. Supplemental life insurance option.
- OPTIONAL BENEFITS
- Flexible Benefits – Medical Spending Account – pre-tax (2017 max – $2,600) – Daycare Expenses – pre-tax (2017 max – $5,000)
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- AFLAC Insurance
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan – Income Tax Exempt
- Civil Service Status upon successful completion of the probationary period.