Date Posted: June 13th, 2017 08:00 AM
Deadline: July 11th, 2017 05:00 PM
Department: Police Department
Compensation: $24.15 – $25.99 per hour DOE (includes skill-based pay for ND Peace Officers License) also shift differential
Hours: Rotating Shifts (24 Hour Operation)
To apply, please submit a City application, which can be found on this website, at Job Service, or at City Hall. Resumes are strongly encouraged. The Pre-Interview Questionnaire is a requirement for consideration. Veterans claiming preference must submit Form DD214 with the application. The deadline to apply is the close of business on Tuesday, July 11th, 2017. Late applications will not be accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information contact Amy at 701-456-7033, or email email@example.com.
$2.50/hour Skill Based Pay once ND Peace Officer Licensed.
To provide a safe living environment to the citizens of Dickinson, North Dakota by patrolling the streets and public properties, and enforcing state law and City ordinances.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties may include (but are not limited to): responding to emergency and non-emergency calls for service; patrolling the City streets; conducting police investigations; performing public relations work to improve police-community relations.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Licensed North Dakota Law Enforcement Officer – within one year of hire
- Pre-employment drug screen, background check, reference checks, and polygraph are required
Desirable Training and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associate’s degree in Criminal Justice, Police Science, Psychology or related field preferred.
- EMPLOYER PAID BENEFITS
- Vacation – 8 hours per month accrual for years 1-5. Sick Leave – 8 hours per month accrual.
- Employees are permitted to use up to 16 hours of sick leave accrual per year for personal leave.
- Longevity Pay – Sliding scale based on tenure with City (After 5 years of Service). Paid annually.
- West River Community Center Membership – City pays a portion of annual membership (other discounts apply).
- Holidays – 10 holidays plus one day for birthday.
- Employee Assistance Program
- EMPLOYER/EMPLOYEE SHARED COST BENEFITS
- Health Insurance – NDPERS (SHP) – Employer pays 80% of premium
- Flexible Benefits – Medical Spending Account – The City puts $450 into a Medical Spending Account for full-time employees Defined Contribution Retirement Plan – Employee 5%; Employer matches 5%.
- Life Insurance – Employer pays 50% of premium. Supplemental life insurance option.
- OPTIONAL BENEFITS
- Flexible Benefits – Medical Spending Account – pre-tax (2017 max – $2,600) – Daycare Expenses – pre-tax (2017 max – $5,000)
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- AFLAC Insurance
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan – Income Tax Exempt
- Civil Service Status upon successful completion of the probationary period.